MakerDojo is committed to consistent and clear enrolment procedures to ensure no family is disadvantaged in accessing the Holiday Program. The service will keep an enrolment form for each child that includes the information listed below. (R 160-162)
- A child’s place in a program can only be confirmed once an online booking has been made and we have received a $25 deposit.
- A fully completed and signed enrolment and indemnity form must be filled out before a child can attend the program.
- If a parent has sole custody of the child, it is a legal requirement that a copy of any court order that exists be kept with the program’s records. The enrolment record must contain details of both parents (if known). (R 160)
- Bookings open approximately 6 weeks before the program begins. Details of the booking procedure are available via www.makerdojo.vic.edu.au.
- Bookings are accepted according to Priority of Access guidelines as set by the order that bookings are received.
The following information must be provided on the medical and contact form according to the Education and Care Services National Regulations:
- Child’s name, address, date of birth, gender and CRN*
- Name, address and phone numbers of parents/guardians/ persons the child resides with
- Name and contact details for the child’s second parent (if known)
- Name, address and phone numbers of any person who is an authorised nominee who can be notified of an emergency involving the child if any parent cannot be immediately contacted and then can collect the child from the service, authorise consent to medical treatment and/or the administration of medication and may authorise a staff member to take a child outside of the premises.
- Any court/parenting orders or parenting plans in relation to powers, duties, responsibilities or authorities of any person in relation to custody or access to a child
- Details of any other court orders relating to the child’s residence or the child’s contact with a parent or another person.
- Details of any diagnosed medical conditions and medication details of the child including the required medical management plans and risk minimisation plans
- Details of the language used in the child’s home
- Date of birth and CRN of parent/guardian linked to CCS*
- Special considerations for the child – e.g. dietary, religious, additional needs & other
- Relevant health/medical information – including details of any medical diagnosis, allergies and if the child has been diagnosed as at risk of anaphylaxis
- Name, address and telephone number of the child’s registered medical practitioner
- The child’s Medicare number
- Immunisation status of the child
- Cultural background information for the child and if applicable the parents.
Also to be included is the authorisation as follows:
- Authorisation signed by the parent or a person named in the enrolment record as authorised to consent to medical treatment for the child, including allowing a staff member to seek medical treatment for the child from a registered medical practitioner, hospital or ambulance service and transportation by an ambulance service.
Requirements For Additional Needs
MakerDojo requires a minimum of 4 weeks’ notice (where possible) if you intend to enrol your child into each holiday program and they have been diagnosed with any form of learning, behavioural or diagnosed difficulty. This allows us adequate time to apply for additional funding, recruit skilled staff and best prepare to support your child. A meeting (telephone or in person) between MakerDojo and the child’s parent(s) may be required.
Please inform staff members that this is your child’s first time attending the program. A Sensei (General Staff Member) will show your child around the service, explain boundaries and expectations to them, endeavour to engage them in an activity or find them a friend or buddy to help settle them in.
Please respect the boundaries of the service and understand that staff members are experienced in what they do and sensitive to the needs of the children at the service.
Parents are more than welcome to enter with their child to look around and ask any questions of the staff members. However, we ask parents to understand that often children adjust more quickly with the assistance of the staff members when anxious parents do not linger overly long. Each service provides a contact number for the MakerDojo Head Office, where a Director can connect the parent to the Dojo Sensei (Responsible Person) at any time. Parents are encouraged to access feedback via the Seesaw app at any stage throughout the day for a report on their child. Staff members are happy to assist.
Families and children provide feedback about this process via surveys as MakerDojo’s commitment is to continuous improvements.
*Pending Successful Child Subsidy Application
- ACECQA National Quality Framework Resource Kit (2012)
- Quality Area 2 – Children’s health and safety
- Quality Area 6 – Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Quality Area 7 – Leadership and service management Education and Care Services National Law Act (2010), S 168, S 175
- Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011), R 160, 161, 162
|Version control date: March 2021 | To be reviewed: December 2021|