Skip to content

CCS FAQs and Important Links

This page contains the following information:

  1. What is the Child Care Subsidy (CCS)?
  2. What will my CCS be?
  3. How to register for the CCS.
  4. What if I don’t want to register for/claim the CCS?
  5. What is the Complying Written Agreement (CWA)?
  6. Who must have a CWA?
  7. Enroling children at MakerDojo.


What is the Child Care Subsidy?

When the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) commenced on 2 July 2018, it:

  • replaced the Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR) with a single, means-tested subsidy
  • is paid directly to providers to be passed on to families
  • is simpler than the previous multi-payment system


What will my subsidy be?

The Family Child Care Subsidy Estimator is available to make it easy for families to estimate their subsidy entitlement. This gives parents and carers an idea of what their new subsidy might be under the New Child Care Package.
The estimator is user-friendly and only takes a few minutes to fill out.

How do I Register?

Please register a MyGov account as this will be important in authorising Enrolments and allowing the CCS to be accessed.

Click the link below to confirm your child’s enrolment details for Child Care Subsidy.

Confirm your child’s enrolment details for Child Care Subsidy


What if I don’t want to register for/claim the CCS?

If you are not eligible or do not want to claim the CCS then please follow the same process as for those claiming the CCS by booking into our programs and filling out the enrolment form. When you fill out the enrolment form just leave out the CCS section.

What is the CWA?

The CWA (Complying Written Agreement) is an agreement between the Childcare Centre service provider (MakerDojo) and a parent or guardian, to provide childcare in exchange for fees. A CWA fulfills two primary objectives:

(1) A child is taken to have begun enrolment when an approved care provider and parent/guardian enter into a complying written agreement (CWA), and

(2) For a care session and eligibility for CCS, a parent/guardian must have incurred an expense payable for the session under a CWA.

The CWA can be modified at any time to change a childcare subsidy status. It must detail the following information to be approved by parents or guardians via the MyGov website before they are activated.

~ The provider and parents contact names and details.

~ The date from which the arrangement is effective.

~ Session days and start/end times care to be provided most of the time.

~ Is the care on a flexible/casual or routine arrangement?

~ Details of the fees to be charged under the arrangement (or known as a fee schedule).

A CWA is a written letter and can be in electronic or hardcopy form.


Who must have a CWA?

Families transitioning from the old CCSS or new families coming onto the CCS will require a CWA to access their subsidy entitlements.

~ A transitioning family” is a family that has been enrolled at MakerDojo on or before the 29th of March, 2018.

~ A “new family” is a family who has joined MakerDojo on or after the 30th of March, 2018.


When is the enrolment start date?

Under Family Assistance Law, an enrolment starts on the day a provider (MakerDojo) enters into a complying written arrangement (CWA) with you, the parent (i.e. the day, you, the parent, confirms their agreement to the arrangement).

When do enrolments cease?

Generally, enrolments ‘cease’ when the CWA or other care arrangement ends, for example, because your child no longer attends MakerDojo.

As MakerDojo provides vacation care, the enrolment ends 8 weeks after the child last attended a MakerDojo session of care. Please note, this is a government requirement. This means that because holidays are generally 10 weeks apart…every holiday period, your child will need to re-enrol at MakerDojo but please be reassured, that it is a very quick and painless process. It should only take you about 1 minute for each child to re-enrol. You will need to confirm the new enrolment before CCS can be determined and paid on your behalf. You can confirm enrolments through Centrelink Online or the Express Plus mobile phone app.

Click here for a step-by-step guide (with pictures) on how to re-enrol your child at MakerDojo.