MakerDojo believes that all parents and MakerDojo staff members have the right to privacy and protection of all personal information held by the service. All staff members will treat all information gathered for children attending the service as confidential. All information will be used only in regard to program provision requirements.
Procedures for Compliance with Information Privacy Legislation Family/child Information
- Each child will have a separate enrolment form. Enrolment forms will be locked away when not in use at the service. Family information kept on CCMS software will be password protected. (R183)
- Personal information relating to families and their children must not be passed on to any other person. (R181)
- MakerDojo will store the records with confidentiality with the exception that the parent or authorised nominee of whom the information relates to, the regulatory authority permitted under any Act or Law.
- Information given will be kept confidential unless the Master Sensei (Nominated Supervisor) or Sensei (General Staff Members) need to assess information in order to provide adequate care and safety.
- MakerDojo will request written consent of the person who provided the information to release information to any person other than those listed in this policy.
Staff Information – The service will:
- Ensure the staff member meets appropriate criteria to provide care to children.
- Ensure a Staff Record can be compiled and maintained in accordance with the Education and Care Services National Law Act (2010) and the Education and Care Services Regulations (2011).
- Ensure that the service holds appropriate information on staff members e.g. health needs in the event of an emergency.
- Staff Records will be stored at the MakerDojo Head Office for a minimum of three years after staff members cease employment with the service. (R183)
Access to Records
Parents or staff members wishing to access their personal information need to contact the Head Office to access personal record. Concerns about the misuse of personal information can also be directed to the Head Office in writing as per the service Grievances or Complaints policy.
Retention and Disposal of Records
The retention and disposal of all records kept by MakerDojo will be in accordance with the Retention and Disposal Authority for Records of Local Government Functions – PROS 09/05.
- ACECQA National Quality Framework Resource Kit (2012)
- Quality Area 4 – Staffing and arrangements.
- Quality Area 6 – Collaborative partnerships with families and communities.
- Quality Area 7 – Leadership and Service Management
- Education and Care Services National Law Act (2010), S 168
- Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011), R 181, 182, 183 & 184 Victorian Government – Information Privacy Act 2000 Victorian Government – Public Records Office Standard PROS 09/05
|Version control Date: March 2021 To be reviewed: December 2021|